Category: Dindigul

Infant Jesus Church, Kavirayapuram, Dindigul

Kavirayapuram was once under Silukuvarpatti parish for a very long time. This village is formed by Catholics in 1854. Rev. Fr. Barthiere s.j., the Jesuit missionary constructed a small chapel when he was in charge of this mission. In 1952, Rev. Fr. Ernest Glas demolished that small chapel and constructed another church. But in 1984 Rev. Fr. Vedamanickam, then Silukuvarpatti P.P built the present Infant Jesus Church. Kavirayapuram is in Dindigul dt., East of Nilakottai. In 1989 Kavirayapuram was erected as a new parish.

Infant Jesus Church,
Kavirayapuram- 624216,
Silukuvarpatti (Via) Dindigul dt.

For more information please visit:

St. John De Britto Church, Kalladipatty, Dindigul

Kalladipatty, a substation of Silukkuvarpatty parish was bifurcated and erected into a new parish in 1989. It is 6 kms away from Vadipatty and it is situated next to pallapatty on the Dindigul – Sholavandan highways road. Total population of this area is 1500, of which the Catholic population is 850. Most of them are agricultural and coolie workers. The parochial church and presbytery were constructed in 1990.

St. John De Britto Church,
Kalladipatty, Ammaianayakanur (via), Dindigul Dt.- 624201.
Telephone No :04543-291150

For more information please visit:

Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Ayyampalayam, Dindigul

Ayyampalyam is a small quasi parish with 40 Catholic families, scattered in sub stations. Most of them are daily coolie workers. The church and presbytery are at the northern side of Maratha Nathi Dam. Ganesapuram and Pattiveeranpatty are the substations of this parish. The area of Ayyampalayam is 4288.13 hectare. The population is about 45,000. The Catholic population of this parish is about 200. The main occupation of people are coconut grove and beatel leaves growing. The parochial church was built on 8.12.1989. The presbytery was built about 70 years before.

Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church,
Fr. Parish Priest, R. C. Church, Ayyampalayam 624204, Dindigul Dt.
Telephone No :04543 – 268690.

For more information please visit:

St. Antony’s Church, Ammapatti, Dindigul

The Parish of Ammapatti was divided from the parish of Silukkuvarpatti on June 11, 1997. It was entrusted to the pastoral care of Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales (MSFS). The first parish priest was Fr. A. Santiagu. The presbytery was constructed in 1998 and the parochial church was constructed in 2004. This parish is given to the pastoral care of the Fransalians as directed by the contract entered by both the parties, i.e., the Archdiocese and the MSFS.

St. Antony’s Church,
Ammapatti, Kodai Road, Ammapatti (PO), Dindigul (dt.) – 624206
Telephone No :04543-238566

For more information please visit:

Arockia Annai Church, Dindigul

Arockia Annai Church,
N.G.O Colony, Dindigul.
Bell Tower Blessed and Opend by The Most Rev. Antony Pappusame, Bishop of Dindigul.